“What’s the magic word?” the parent lovingly asks the child, expecting the conditioned and oft repeated response.
Here’s a great question for my intelligent readers.
What if the real magic lies not in the asking for more, but in the grateful appreciation of that which has already been given?
Maybe Rhonda Byrne was right when she added, what could be, a missing magical word to the ancient scripture.
‘For unto every one that hath gratitude shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not gratitude shall be taken away even that which he hath.’
This morning I accepted the challenge in The Magic, to list out 10 things I’m grateful for, along with why I’m grateful for them.
And then, as the book directs, I repeated each one and said the words “Thank you, thank you, Thank you.”
Are you open to doing the same?
If you’re so inspired, feel free to share your list in the comments below.
Here are mine, in case you’re curious.
1. I am so happy and grateful for my computer, which allows me to share a message of light with myself and the world, and earn an income for my family at the same time – because this adds fulfillment, both temporally and spiritually.
2. I am so grateful for my wife Corene because she helps me to feel loved and supported in life. Also because she does so much for the kids and I.. her constant service helps me know I am loved.
3. I am so grateful for my eyes because they help me to read ideas that expand my soul in my search for truth and light and also allow me to behold the colors and beauties of life all around me.
4. I am so grateful for my ears that allow my soul to enjoy the beautiful sounds of music and the spoken word because these things help me to add color and richness to my life experience.
5. I am so grateful for my children because they make me laugh, help me experience love and care on deep levels and challenge me to develop positive soul qualities like patience and understanding.
6. I am so grateful for The Home Business Academy because it’s so comforting to know I can be associated with a group of people who care about freedom and the development of the soul.
7. I am so grateful for the examples of people around me because I am able to see models that inspire me to become better.
8. I am so grateful for my vehicles because they get me to places I need to be quickly and comfortably.
9. I am so grateful for my home because it’s a safe place for me to sleep, recharge and create rich experiences with my family.
10. I am so grateful for my fingers because they allow me to express myself through the written word and they also allow me to do things with my hands that add value to the world.